Friday, 24th Sept 6.30pm - 9pm. Deleuze, Iqbal, Jihad and Nuclear Nationalism: Lecture & Film evening
EVENT IS FREE - no bookings taken.
FINAL REDO PAKISTAN 2010: DECLARATION OF WAR AGAINST THE PRESENT TIMES EVENT
- Free artists newspapers for all
70 Camberwell Church Street, London, SE5 8QZ
020 7358 4475
Gallery – email@example.com
10 minute bus from Oval or Elephant and Castle
Stop outside St. Giles Church
Buses: 12, 36, 436, 345. 171
* Short films by Khaldoon Ahmed, Fatima Hussain, Sally Deen and Hammad Khan (Slackistan director)
* Pakistan Zine Collection: Steph Newell, Gemma Sharpe, Jinnah.
* Pop-up Exhibition of posterwork and Pakistani radical graphics
* DAKU T-shirts Radical collection for sale
* Fund-raising for Pakistani floods
1. "Jihad as Incorporeal Transformation: Deleuze and Iqbal"
This talk will reevaluate the relationship between Language, Art, State and Jihad in Divine Revelation through a discussion of incorporeal transformation and sign regimes in Deleuze and Guattari's work, drawing on Iqbal as a case study.
Speaker: Iman Poernomo (The Tailor/ Friends of Design)
Previous talk: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn-ljNURd_M
2. Nuclear War on film : India, Pakistan, Kashmir Gujurat Genocide
Award-winning Indian diaspora film director Partho Sen-Gupta will talk around nuclear war between India and Pakistan, the Gujurat genocide and Kashmir issue with film clips that forms the background to his film Let the Wind Blow.
Supported by a grant from Arts Council England.
FACEBOOK EVENT: www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=152474021441574&ref=ts
ContactTo subscribe to our event updates|newsletter|mailing list - email us with "SUBSCRIBE" in the title: